ChemLearn is the latest way to learn about Chemical Safety.
Complete the course from the comfort of your home.
Our online learning is fun, engaging and informative, with a simple to follow lesson based format that can be completed at any time 24x7.
What are people saying about Chemlearn
"Excellent course, easy to follow" - Martyn
"I found the material quite easy to use and understand, I was able to navigate through the course and I am not great with computers, so it is quite user friendly" - Brian
"Very good way to refresh your chemical skills" - Dean
Are you using pesticides or chemicals in your business?
This is a quick, simple and cost-effective means to reducing not only your potential liability risk but also reducing the personal risk of injuries such as burns, ingestion of poison, and food/water contamination.
Our course provides learning for anyone applying pesticides such as farmers, mine, council and food industry workers.
Our learning contains 13 simple information modules which are proceeded with a quiz or other interactive activity to test your knowledge.
Our modules include:
- Legislation: Understanding the legislation codes of practise, regulations, duty of care, work health and safety.
- Product Label and Safety Data: Understanding of product labelling, interpreting safety data sheets.
- Risk Management: Principles of risk management, development of risk profiles, workplace health and safety act.
- Work Health and Safety: Selecting and using appropriate PPE safety around chemicals, first aid for poisons.
- Transport Storage and Handling: Transporting chemicals storage, handling and disposal
- Mixing and Applying Sprays: Protecting yourself and the environment, calculations and mixing chemicals, preventing problems.
- Calibration: Calibration of spray equipment.
- Integrated Pest Management: Principles of IPM techniques.
- Environmental Safety: Causes of damage, environmental contamination, off-target species, environmental management systems.
- Chemical Formulations and Residues: Knowledge of formulation, residues and toxicology
- Pesticide Resistance Management: Development of resistance, herbicide resistance, pesticide resistance.
- Rural Pesticide Applications: Equipment, weed control, vertebrate pests’ control.
- Record Keeping: Legal requirements and good practices.